What better way to say farewell to summer than a fun picnic?!? Get your basket ready and celebrate Labor Day with a festive lunch!
Mobile meals require little planning and can be as simple or as elegant as you’d like. For outdoor dining in a dash, choose cold deli chicken, crusty bread, fresh fruit and a wedge of cheese.
Check out Spoonful.com- http://spoonful.com/recipes/20-desserts-in-a-jar for a ton of different desserts in a jar-these are perfect for a picnic!
Happy Labor Day!
-Emily and Erica
Fall means football, friends, and food! Tailgating food, that is. Kick up your event with tailgate recipes that are easy and delicious and that travel well, too. You’ll have the most popular spread around!
Fried Shrimp Po’boys with Citrus Rémoulade
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 pound (21/25-count) large fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- Citrus Rémoulade (recipe follows)
- 1 (5-ounce) bag fresh baby arugula
- Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (recipe follows)
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 4 inches; heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels; set a cooling rack over pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and next 6 ingredients. In a small bowl, add buttermilk.
- Working in batches, dredge shrimp in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip into buttermilk, then dredge in flour mixture to coat. Fry in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are golden brown. Drain on prepared rack. Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp.
- To assemble po’boys, cut French bread pieces lengthwise, cutting to but not through one long side of bread. Top with desired amount of Citrus Rémoulade, arugula, shrimp, and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Check out the details and more recipe for your tailgate party at: http://www.celebratemag.com/touchdown-tailgate/
Check out this romantic photo shoot set up from Vintage Origami! From the vintage chair and door to the gorgeous chandelier and candlelit wood treasure chest- this oozes LOVE!
Below is the link to the blog to see the entire story of the photo shoot:
You can view the Twice as Nice vintage rental inventory for your next photo shoot at: https://www.facebook.com/TwiceAsNiceParty/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums
Ginger, vanilla, and rosemary come together for a parade of flavor that makes this Moscow Mule one of a kind. Serve Celebrate Magazine’s refreshing cocktail all year long for holiday parties, spring gatherings, summer cookouts, or fall tailgates. The homemade ginger syrup adds a wonderful touch!
TJ Maxx has great Moscow Mule copper glasses if you plan on serving up the original!
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle ginger beer
- 1/2 cup cream soda
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup vanilla-flavored vodka
- 1/4 cup Ginger Simple Syrup
- (recipe follows)
- Garnish: fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup peeled fresh ginger
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add beer, soda, lime juice, vodka, and Ginger Simple Syrup. Shake vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds. Strain over ice into glasses. Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired. Serve immediately.
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, and ginger. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool completely; strain, discarding solids. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Erica and I are finalizing details for an upcoming ice cream social birthday party- we are so excited! We adore these paper polka dot cups and matching spoons from The Bakers Confection on Etsy!
We CAN NOT wait to scoop some ice cream out for guests!
What better way to celebrate the last of summer with an outdoor wine tasting party! What a cute way to hide the wine labels by wrapping twine around the bottle! Parchment paper wrapped bread loaves serve as a wonderful guest favor. Check out more details from Celebrate by visiting: http://www.celebratemag.com/outdoor-wine-tasting-party/